What You Need to Read This Month
What You Need to Attend This Month
Featured Event: Trendsetters: The World’s Leading Experts Reveal Top Trends To Help You Achieve Greater Health, Wealth and Success!
Guest of Honour: Peter A. Howley, Author of Trendsetters
Moderated by Bruno Bensaid, Founder and Partner of Shanghaivest Ltd
About Peter A. Howley
Peter A. Howley is the author of Trendsetters and a serial entrepreneur with unprecedented experience in building high growth disruptive service companies in the telecom, wireless and other sectors. Mr. Howley has the distinction of leading his first venture backed company from start up through successful IPO and acquisition into the pages of American business history as CEO of Centex Telemanagement (Nasdaq: CNTX). Recruited during a presentation of the CNTX model at Stanford University
, Mr. Howley joined the founders of Exodus Communications
, a Global Web Hosting Company, at its inception. He continued to advise and serve on the post IPO Board (Nasdaq: EXDS) until June 2000. Exodus still holds a NASDAQ record for 13 consecutive quarters of greater than 40% revenue growth. One out of every three to four Internet crossing packets traversed the Exodus network at its peak. As Co-founder of IPWireless
in 1999 and initial CEO, Mr. Howley enthusiastically led the company in developing the world’s leading, cost effective, wireless mobile broadband technology. His personal fundraising efforts raised more than $120 million. His leadership as an active investor and board advisor has been instrumental in the company’s successful acquisition in May, 2007 by NextWave (Nasdaq: WAVE ).
About Bruno Bensaid
In Asia since 1997. Founder and Partner of Shanghaivest Ltd, a boutique investment banking firm that builds and executes cross-border investment, expansion, fundraising and exit strategies for clients in China and overseas (China outbound and inbound).
Here are the details — first the basics, then the fun stuff…
Date: Jan 7th (Sat), 2011
Time: 10am – 11am (Singapore Time, UTC/GMT +8 hours) (New York, Fri 2200*, San Francisco Fri 1900*, London Sat 0300)
Format: This is a by-invitation-only event. The format will be an interactive live webinar. You would just need a working internet connection and/or a phoneline. Call-in number will be delivered upon RSVP.
RSVP: RSVPs are required to be admitted. See below for details.
- Chinnovate is the most elite and value-creating network for CEOs and Chairman in Asia.
- Chinnovate is structured in a way which that creates high quality in all peer groups, unlike volunteer groups which are managed autonomously.
- Chinnovate is the only professional network that single-handedly organises networks for CEOs and company leaders.
- We have chosen to only focus on executive networks with a high level of exclusivity for content and form.
- Our executives are composed of members who represent the broadest spectrum of industries, which in turn leads to the highest level of diversification.
- Company leaders of large corporations who want to understand innovation and corporate venturing in Asia
- CEO and Chairman of high-growth companies (with > 20 staff) looking to expand to Asia who need assistance with fund raising, personnel recruitment, go-to-market
- Business/Entrepreneur associations with >100 members who want to develop a first-tier network in Asia/SEA
- Managing Partners / Partners of top-tier venture capital and private equity firms
If so, you are eligible to apply to the Chinnovate premium network.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY ABOUT CHINNOVATION SEMINARS
“Tan, Thank you for organizing this event, I had a good time listening to the speakers.”
–Andy Chen, Director, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers
“Many thanks for organizing this panel. It was diverse, informative and a pleasure. And it was very nice meeting the rest of the panelists and speakers as well.”
- Andras Forgacs, Managing Director, Richmond Global, LLC
“Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your webinar. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversations and insights provided by the panelists. I would welcome the opportunity to continue to participate and add value where I can for your efforts.”
- Zachary C. Piester, Managing Director, Silver Creek Partners Inc.
“Dear Yinglan, Thanks very much for the Webinar, I learned a lot and appreciate your openness to share your knowledge and insights, and suggestions on how to be more effective in selecting a VC.”
–Bee Leng Chua, PhD, Executive Director, HiBEAM
P.S. Do you know someone who would benefit from this email? Forward it to them!
P.P.S. We’re always on the lookout for well written articles on Chinese business and innovation, including opinion pieces, coverage of high-growth Asian companies, “how to” articles etc. If you’re keen to write for us, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.P.P.S. Did you find this useful? Support us by liking our Facebook page and connect with our members on Linkedin